Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh what a life it is...

"I feel like a bug hitting the windshield of an 18-wheeler -- caught off guard with the full impact of this is what life is for mothers today."



I am down in St. George staying with my sister Angie and she is battling the crying babes to give me a break so I thought I would write a little post or a long one whatever it turns out to be.


So, the twinners, as Liss would call them are 3 months old and as cute as ever, and as grumpy as ever. They are getting so big and chubby. If you blink you will miss it. I think that is why they won't let Mom sleep. They don't want her to miss anything. Either that or they don't want to miss anything. Eli will fight sleep until he is blue in the face, well red anyway, literally.














Don't let them deceive you. They were probably like this for 5 minutes or so. But they were oh so adorable for the 5 minutes. They love to snuggle up to each other.















My little nephew Ethan loves the Babies. At least he did when I first got here. He would wake up and the first thing he would say is "Bubbies? Bubbies?". This is a picture of him holding little Samuel Gene. He would freak out if anyone got close and acted like they were going to take the baby away from him. It has been a week now and he still mugs on them from time to time but he is getting very jealous of them and has been acting out for his Mom's attention. What a holy terror he is. Really he is always on the hunt for more trouble. Now I know what Angie means when she calls him Denis the Menice.















It's Bathy time for Samuel and Eli. They absolutely love the bath. It calms them down every time. They could probably stay in the tub forever and be content. It is when I take them out that they howl. If you are wondering why their belly buttons seem to be jumping out at you, it is because they are. They have a small case of herniated belly buttons. Hopefully they will correct themselves within the year.





















Here is the Twin Mom Pro herself, Lissa Lou. What would I do without her sympathetic understanding of it all.





















Hangin' with Linny


......and Boey
They love their cousins and their cousins adore them. How grateful I am for these helping hands.
Well it is 11:30 at night and Ang keeps buggin' me to go to bed and I guess I ought to but I needed a little bit of sanity. Thanks for listening.
Love,
Jill

11 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Jill, you are in our neck of the woods?? Tina & Cody are coming down today too. If you are staying over the weekend maybe we could meet up for some food or something? We have never met your little ones yet. Glad to see you are taking a break even if it is a small one at that!! You are Superwoman!!!

Aubrey said...

those babies are so stinking cute. i bet it's so nice to have so many sisters to help you. i need more sisters...

gramma debbie said...

Looks like you are having a great time! We miss you all though!!! When you come home the babies will seem like they have grown AGAIN!! I am so glad you blogged and are having a great time! love ya ALL! Give the boys a snug and a kiss from grandma!! You are lucky to have such great sisters!! They will miss you!

angela said...

I am so sorry they aren't sleeping well. That's how Olivia was (still is) but she's just one. I can't imagine it being that way with two. Great idea to go visit family so they can help out! Now you see why I blog all the time. It's the only time I get MY time.

Anonymous said...

how cute~! and how nice for you to have so much help! I bet that is a little refreshing. glad you are having a good time!

Grammy and Papa said...

Jill, we need to start traveling south together!!My car is equiped for babies, so let's do it!!With Trey coming the 22nd, I will be heading south alot. Cody won't let me go alone, so let's hook up!!Your boys are getting big. I bet it is nice to have help from so many!The good thing about St. George is, it's always warm and the sun is always shinning to cheer us up!! Take care, your doing GREAT!! Love, Tina :)

Precious said...

O.k. so the crying until he's blue in the face is totally from the Tait's! We call it the "blood boilage" at our house. I guess it's some chemical imbalance that the Kreipl line has and every Tait or form of Tait has a little bit of it in their blood. So I totally know how you feel...Our little man does the same thing, and even Seth too. He's tried to describe how it feels, but I can't ever understand it. You are just so darn Amazing!, you Picketts. HOpe you're doing well...sure looks like it.

Denise said...

They are so adorable & I love your pictures on the previous post! Just perfect! I totally know you feel about the lack of sleep...we're going on 4 weeks of being zombies since the boys arrived. Looks like I'm in a for a few more months of it at least. ;o) Hang in there & keep posting!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Oh I so enjoy checking in on your blog from time to time :) Your twinners are beautiful!! And it gets better and better as the days FLY by!!! Very cute pictures of the babies being burritto'd!! Hopefully they will stay on the same "cranky waves" as my husband and I call them:) Ours would take turns instead of being cranky together, not sure which I would prefer! But it looks like you have lots of friends and family to help when needed! A MUST for a mother of twins!

The Neilson Family said...

Girl, you are doing such a great job, even though you may not feel like it. Soon it will all pass and you'll want more! Can you even imagine? Ha! Anyway, we'll come over again soon to hold those babies so you can just do whatever!

The Neilson Family said...

P.S. To Nate - your wedding video actually made me mad I didn't know you when we were married. You have a gift.