Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hello Sam



Our little Sam looked better than ever last night. Yet at first glance I couldn't tell why. It wasn't until the end of his feeding when we were about to put him back that...take a guess...did you guess no feeding tube?! Well you were right! No feeding tube! This left his cute little face wide open for viewing pleasure. We had to take a snap shot to enjoy the first time since birth that we have seen him without anything blocking his face.

Update: Sam is doing very well. Taking all of his feedings, holding his body temp and everything else that they require of the little guys - He is going to be home this week!

Eli is also progressing very well, although he continues to have problems feeding by bottle in back to back feedings...he just gets too tired. Other than that he is doing very well in every other aspect and if he follows the example of his older brother-they could come home together. Enjoy this pic of little Eli sleeping away.

13 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Updates, Updates! I love updates! Especially when they are so wonderful as yours. Going home this week! I can't even believe it! These little men sure are fighters! Jill, I am so excited for you to just get to snuggle and spoil them all day! You guys deserve a medal!

McArthur Family said...

Oh my heck!! Those babies are so cute!!! Can't wait to see them in person. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! he is so stinkin cute!!! Hopefully Eli does better so they can come home together soon! Wow! I bet you are loving their progression, they are doing awesome!

angela said...

Once again, great news and cute pictures! Let us all know when they are home.

erin said...

I love hearing about you all! And so glad things are going good. Sam is so cute!
I can't wait to meet them in December.
happy anniversary

gramma debbie said...

It is so fun to see that cute face of Sam's without any tubes! He is so dang cute, those cheeks are soo kissable! We are rooting for Eli so that he can come home with his "big" brother!! They are so cute, Good job Nate and Jill!!! XXXOOO

Grammy and Papa said...

Love the Updates! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed they get to go home together! They look like they are growing quickly...how much do they weigh now? They are both just the cutest!!

Brit said...

Wow!! What cute little boys you have! I'm so excited to see them without their tubes... I can;t believe that blonde hair on Sam!! Still looking forward to meeting them!! We love you, guys!

Heather said...

I am so grateful for this whole Bloggin thing so that we can all sort of feel like we know what is going on. I think about you and your sweet family constantly and you are always in our prayers! Keep up the good work little boys! :)

kelli said...

Wow ! They look great. They don't even look like preemies any more! I hope Sam gets to come home soon, he looks like a perfect healthy baby!!!! Hope Eli gets better with his feedings. Did you get your dinner o.k.?

Melissa Garn said...

Sam came home on your anniversary! what a special day! I hope all is going well and you are just loving lying on the couch snuggling your little man! I Am praying for Eli to follow quickly. Just let Sam tell him all about home life the next time you take him to visit Eli. That ought to put some fire in his belly! Good luck with everything. Call me night or day. Seriously! I love you sis!

Denise said...

He is so adorable! Glad to hear that things are continuing to go well.

Cam and Linds said...

Hey we just wanted to say congrats, and that we are so glad they are both doing so well!