Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Week Later

The boys have been doing very well these last couple of days and we wanted to share some of their progress with you. Exactly one week later they came off of their oxygen, came out from under the belly reuben lights, increased their feeding times and amounts, and they also started BOTTLE FEEDING,...but not every feeding though--it wears them out.
Eli Tait - Opening his eyes to say hello to mommy and daddy -something they have been starting to do much more often. He sure looks like a Tait--doesn't he???
Samuel Gene - Cuddling up to his blanket - they love to be snuggled and they cry every time they have to go back into their incubators.
Mom bottle feeding little Eli - He did a great job.
Dad - Bottle feeding Sam. He kept falling asleep during the feeding so dad needed some help trying to keep him awake long enough for him to finish the bottle.
One last pic of dad and sam.
We love you boys!

17 comments:

gramma debbie said...

That is so incredible!! Those little guys are so cute! Sam does look so cozy in his isolette! Yes, Eli looks like a TAIT! How fun for you two, you look so great! Love to hear such great updates! We love you FOUR! grandpa and grandma!!! XXXXOOOO

Denise said...

I'm so happy to hear that they are doing so well! Such tough little dudes! Hope all is well with you guys...will continue to keep your cute little family in my prayers.

BTW, do you mind me asking what hospital you delivered at? Just curious since I will have another 8weeks left. Have you been happy with their staff, etc?

angela said...

Great job boys and mom and dad! Keep up with the updates and pics. We love to see and hear they are doing so well. Have they gained any weight yet?

Still no baby for us. I guess she's waiting until Wed when I'm induced.

Brit said...

They're so tiny!! I'm so happy to see that they're eating well, and progressing so quickly! We love you, guys!

Aubrey said...

Is Eli the Dr Suess baby? Too cute. Maybe I'll have to find a reason to visit my mom's ward when you guys bless them so I can see them in real life.

Netti said...

Jilly!!

This is Jeanette. I found your blog through stalking your sister Tara's, through my sister Andrea's. Ha ha. But I'm so happy I found you!!! TWINS!!!!! I saw Esther a while ago and she informed me that you were pregnant with twins. This is just crazyness. I'm so happy for you! And of course you looked gorgeous the whole pregnancy. All your pictures are so cute. Ok, what is your email address so that I can invite you to my blog? Love and miss you!

Jensen Family Blog said...

Jill and Nate,
I am so glad to see that everything is going well. I hate to call because I never know when you'll be down trying to see the babies and I'm sure you've had a million calls anyway. Just know we are thinking of you and praying for you. Give the boys a hug and kiss for us.
Love Trent and Tara

Yatesfam said...

So glad to see they are doing so good! Wow! Its amazing what little miracles they are. and wow, I can totally see Eli looking like a tait. So cute.

kelli said...

I can't belive how well your boys are doing! That is great they are off their o's so soon. I hope they continue to learn to take the bottle, and STAY AWAKE durring the feedings so ya can bring them home soon. Do you guys need anything? Let me know if I can help with anything at all. They are doing awesome! I am so glad!

Brooke and BJ said...

They look so great guys! They are doing so, SO well! Totally sailing through the NICU....hope you guys are keeping track of all these miracles you're witnessing ;)

Heather said...

Geez I always get so teary eyed reading your posts!! They just are so adorable and it is so amazing how this whole life thing works!! All of the different contraptions and things they have to help these little ones along the way! Congrats again! They are AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Sorry I am not a better sister to be down there more! Eli looks a lot like Ryan. Totally a Tait!! How fun. I will call you about going down there with you to coordinate. Love you guys and your little boys!

Melissa Garn said...

Good job Sam and Eli! Before you know it you will be able to go home where no one will tell you that you cannot snuggle with your brother. I miss you guys!

Cami said...

Jill and Nate congratulations! Your boys are so cute. It was fun to find your blog and be able to see your cute boys! Good Luck!
Jills cousin Cami

Vicki said...

Hi Jill, I got the link from friends at work and looking at your boy brings back memories of our recent journey through the NICU experience. You guys look fab and the boys seem like they are progressing right along. Won't be long and they will be on their way home! So cute!! Vicki

Alana said...

They are so cute! You look absolutely beautiful too! Looks like they are doing really well.

The Neilson Family said...

I am pretty sure they couldn't get any cuter. Wait, then I look at you and DANG, Jill! You look amazing!