It was the evening of the 4th of July. The Cutlers, matt, and some of Jill's family came to hang out, watch some fireworks, and see a movie projected "theater style" onto the garage. Bryan and his date joined us later on...and they actually ended up being the only ones, besides me, to make it to the end of the movie. They helped me clean up and I got to bed around 1:30 am...which brings us to around 3:30am when I was in the deep slumber spoken of. Jill's voice came from the other room saying, "I think my water broke..." with the tone of simply asking for some toilet paper.
With a jump I was up and ordering Jill down to slow the flow of that h-2-0. It was happening so fast--all Hollywood style--throwing the items in a bag not knowing if this was the real thing or not. Well we got it all packed in waddled down the stairs and into the car.
There couldn't have been a better time to be cruising down the freeway...all lanes were clear, just for us. Speeding along I was slightly hoping for the token pull over by some police officer. Just so I could get the police escort. Sadly my wish was not granted, but we did make it to the hospital in record time.
The doctor decided that we should not try to prevent contractions at this point with the water broke. So they admitted her and we were told that it could be hours or days again...like we had heard many times before. While being monitored everything looked good and I was preparing to go home around 1:00 PM. Then the hard contractions started-- REALLY HARD...jill told me--through her screaming--actually it was pretty obvious that she was in a lot more pain than she had been in with her usual contractions...I have the marks on my arm to prove it.
Then the fun started...

Around 3:00 PM - Jill, finally smiling again after the epidural was administered. Me Smiling because the boys were on their way.
At 4:30 PM Jill was wheeled off with me by her side to the O.R. In quiet and happy anticipation for the little ones to arrive.
Jill did GREAT!!! I was so impressed with her courage--seriously--she really worked very hard--in cooperation with their mother the boys made a "No C-Section" situation a reality...They all made dad extremely proud. At 4:48 pm July 5, 2008...Baby A was born. At 3 lbs 11 oz 17 inches long. 2 minutes later Little brother, baby b came too at 4lbs & 18 inches long. The doctors cleared the scales to weigh him again because it, "just wasn't possible for him to weigh that much." Expect the impossible with these little studs!

Baby A and I hanging out for the first time

Mom and Dad with our little boy - Baby B

Mom and Dad with our little boy - Baby A

Baby A is a fighter working to breath on his own--he finally did today and was taken off of the ventilator. Good job buddy!

Baby B - Our darker brother, although the second to come out - continues to be the bigger brother at 4lbs. Also off his ventilator earlier today-keep it up studly! Both came off 2 days earlier than expected!

Here is my wedding ring next to the hand of our little baby A
Both are doing well and will continue to stay in the NICU.
The next step in our journey has begun. We are so grateful to have been entrusted with these little ones...they are the awesomest and as parents we could not be prouder. We thank everyone for your prayers, support, love, and for everything that has been done for us. We look forward to bringing them home for lots of cuddling, loving, and spoiling to be done! But not before they get some names...wish us luck!
26 comments:
Holy cow! I'm totally freaking out right now I'm so excited for you. I'm so glad everything went well and that they are doing so good. So were they born on the 5th then? And did Jill deliver without the C-section? I'm so happy for all FOUR of you. Anxiously awaiting the names you pick out.
WOW guys! Congratulations! I was beginning to wonder why you hadn't called me Nate on the 4th of July...I waited up all night to just hear "Happy 4th Dan". But now I understand. No hard feelings okay! :) CONGRATS GUYS! You will be amazing parents (with a lot of books, coaching, and court-approved activities).
Jill, Congrats! They twins look so good. They don't look like 31 weekers at all! They look so healthy and BIG!! I saw some other pictures of them on your family's blog, and I couldn't get over how great they look.They are darling, they don't look like preemies at all. All that time on bedrest paid off. I am going to miss our weekly visits though, I will have to come see you and help you out with the twins now! I am glad they are on o2's now and extibated! You look great too! Congrats! I am so excited for you and Nate! Finally, Your a mommy!!! Congrats, and welcome to the world of motherhood!
Love,
Kelli
p.s. They really don't look that much a like do they. Baby A is going to be a blondie, and Baby B is darker! Funny how that works. My twin and I don't look anything a like either, in fact my brother who is 8 years younger than me looks more like me than my twin! Any hows, I will talk to you later. Call if you need anything!
So...I'm up way too late for my own good. Last time I take caffeine to ease pain. I'm glad I'm up though, because it could've been days until the news trickled down to us. I know "I'm so happy for you" doesn't even cut it. How about, "I know how it feels to have preemies in the hospital" and "I'm here to listen and give unsolicited advice if you need it." 31 weeks is going to be a sinch for these babies who are going to put up a big fight to stay with the best people anyone could ask for to be their parents. Who wouldn't fight to be with you two? Love you guys, all four of you will be in our prayers. Love, Seth & Nikki
Congrats! You guys will be awesome parents. And I am so glad to hear all went well with the birth! And can I just ask, how is it humanly possible to look as good as Jill does, after having a baby, let alone 2? It's insane how amazing she looks! Congrats!
OH! I love those pics!!! Jill, you look SOOO good! Seriously! When we got in the car last night, we told Peyton we were coming down to see you guys and he was SO excited and he fell asleep before we even got out of our neighborhood and when we talked to you and we all decided for us not to come...we turned around and when Peyton woke up he was crying saying "I wanna go see Nate and Jill!!" His was hard to get him to stop! HE is so excited for your babies to be here! We love you guys! Congrats!!!
The pictures are awesome! Jill, you look amazing!! I am so excited for you both!! They are beautiful!!! And oh so studly!!!! Way to work little guys!!! Take good care of each other!! Love you all!!
Congratulations! I was thinking about you this weekend (weird, I know, considering I don't even know you) and just had a feeling that next time I looked up your blog the babies would be here & well...here they are! I'm SO happy that things went well and that they are doing great! Oh, and you look absoutely FANTASTIC for just giving birth. You go girl! LOL! I look forward to your updates!
Okay, so now that I have wiped away all of the tears I will tell you guys Congratulations!!! It is so nuts that they are finally here after all that your family has been through! Jill... you seriously look so great!! They are absolutely adorable! Keep the pictures coming!
I am so happy for you guys. And sooo glad to hear the boys are doing well. I hope they continue to do so.
I love you guys and wish sooo badly I could be there to be with you all.
After I posted my comment last night I started thinking what many others have said here. Only Jill can possibly look darling after just giving birth. Your hair is fixed and you are dressed?! Come on! You are making the rest of us moms look bad. But we still love you.
HOORAY!!! Congratulations! We are so happy for the 4 of you!! These boys are so lucky to have you as their adoring parents! Can't wait to meet them!!
Love you!
Brit and Mike
Congrats! on the beautiful babies. You two will make great parents.
Oh my gosh I laughed and cried throughout your post! What fighters...and could Jill have grown those guys any better? NO! They look so great, as does she. What the crap? I was laid out for days and I just had one of them! You guys, we're just on the other side so hollar if you need ANYTHING! Since Jed is your HT I'll make sure he comes over with a lawnmower, dishsoap...or something cleaning-like. Put him to work!
What an awesome blog Daddy!You made us laugh and cry!Congrats to you all!Great work, well done!Jill you look wonderful!The boys are darling and look strong and studly!We are so dang happy for you guys and love the updates...Keep 'em coming please!You are all in our prayers.We are so happy for you and love you!!Take Care!
Congratulations you two! Debbie kept me updated all weekend and I'm glad everything turned out so perfect. They are darling. Good work Jill at keeping them in there for so long, they are such miracles! And you look beautiful Jill! You guys are going to be the cutest parents ever, what lucky little guys.
Jill!!! Congratulations! This is Becca Dall, your favorite former co-worker. Kathy O. forwarded your post to me. Your babies are beautiful and you look great. I'm so excited for you. You're going to be a wonderful mom and I'm super happy for you. You're going to love it! I'm glad your babies are doing better than expected. That's always a blessing:)
love ya,
Becca
p.s. my blog is private, but I would love to send you an invite if you want to be blogging buddies. send me your email next year when you have 30 free seconds:) jerbecca@gmail.com
We are so proud of you two!! Look at those precious little boys! They are beautiful! And Jill, we think you look so amazing! It has got to be so great to move around again! Nate, what a darling and proud daddy you are! Thanks for letting us come and "hang out" in the NICU with you and the boys and touch them, it was absolutely amazing to me! We love you so much, Congratulations, mommy, daddy and babies!
We are so happy to welcome # 13 and 14 great grandson's into the ever growing Tait family. We love your blog and being able to see those precious little boys doing so well. You are a beautiful family and we love you all so much. We're looking forward to hearing what names you have decided on. Congratulations!!!
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa Tait
Jill and Nate,
OK so I know that you don't know who I am and we have never met, BUT your sister Tara is my best friend her in good ole' New Harmony and I have been hearing all about your little darlings and how you have been such a great trooper with the bed rest and all. Tara told me all about how she got to come up and see you at the hospital, she was so excited to have been able to be there with you and see you guys especially those two little cutties! any way I just wanted to comment on how great you look after having had twins WOW I wish I could look that good after just one! =) your boys are darling and look so great! your little bundles of joys are in my prayers for a speedy recovery and home coming.
-Sarah Green
Happy, happy birthday to the cutest little boys! We love you so much and are so excited for you to come home!
Happy, happy birthday to the cutest little boys! We love you so much and are so excited for you to come home!
Jill They are.....DARLING i cant wait for them to come home so i can hold them. you and nate are some lucky parents!!!!!!!!!!!!
love lindsey jo- jo
Congrats! So glad to hear everything went so well and your sweet babies are so strong! PLEASE let me come over and hold a little premie here one of these days when you need some sleep, or a shower, or some food, or anything! I need my baby fix. My premies are 1 yr old and running all over!! (Sniff!) Good luck to you guys with everything, and seriously, I'd LOVE to come over and help out. You guys are in for the ride of your life! Take lots of pics and ENJOY!!
Post a Comment