Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Sweet Boys...

So for the latest update. I feel like so much has happened since our last post. A few days ago the boys got off all IV fluids and are up to their full feedings. Yipee, no more IVs! I hated seeing those things in my little guys. They also came off their caffine the same day. When we talked to the Doctor that day she said that they were doing great and wanted to get them off the caffine, as they have to stay at least 14 days after they stop the caffine. She sounded like they could possibly come home sooner than expected. The next day they took all there feeding's by bottle a big step for the little guys. The doctor's and nurses were so impressed. So were Mom and Dad. After such a big day they got extremely tired and haven't been able to finish their bottles and sometimes they don't want to wake up and eat at all. Which is very normal. So we just wait for them to tell us when they are ready and are hopeful that it will be soon.


Mom washing Eli's hair for the first time.

He loved it!

Sam getting ready for his hair to be washed. I guess Nate just has video of Sam's hair wash. I am not sure how to put video on so Nate will have to add later. He didn't like it as much as his brother though.

Last night we got to enjoy our boys together at last. The first time since their birth. I think they missed eachother's kicking's and pushing's. I am sure there will be more of that in the future, as they are brother's. Aren't they just the cutest! I can't wait to snuggle them as long as I want without a nurse telling me when I have to put my children back in the isolettes.

14 comments:

gramma debbie said...

They look so peaceful! What darling boys they are! Thanks for letting hang out and whisper in their ears! Exciting that they are doing so well, they are lucky to have chosen such a great mommy and daddy! We love you all!! Mom and Bruce daddy a.k.a. gramma and grandpa XXXXOOOO

Denise said...

They are so adorable & I'm so happy to hear that they are doing so well! Thanks for the updates - I'm so excited for your sweet little family.

Brit said...

Oh my gosh!! I don't know where to start... I love all of their hair and I think they look so adorable in their little beanies, together!!

McArthur Family said...

We are so happy that they are doing so well. They are so cute.

grandma tait said...

We are happy to see these little guys doing so well!! They are sooooo cute. Can't wait to snuggle them. Sounds like they are making great progress and will be going home before you know it. Tell them Hi for us and give them a little peck on the cheek from great grandma and gramps Tait. We love you. xooxo

Brooke and BJ said...

These little guys are such fighters! They are doing amazingly well, and we are so happy for you all! They are just adorable and we can't wait to see them!!

The Jensen's said...

I can't believe how great the boys are doing! I check your page daily for updates! I am just so excited for you guys. You are just glowing in every picture. Those boys are sure lucky to have you! Stay strong and those boys will be home before you know it!

angela said...

They really are so cute. It's so great to hear how well they are doing and that they'll be home before you know it.

Our baby Gracie is here! Last night was our first night home. She was up ALL night. I finally got to sleep for about 3 hours at 7:30 this morning. Ugh! Olivia is watching Lion King and holding "her baby" right now.

Gaylen said...

We are so glad they are doing so well!!! They are so cute! Thanks for keeping us updated!! What a cute family!! We love you guys!! Dad, Shan & kids

Elliot's Magah said...

They look fabulous! Congrats on all the progress. You should see if the NICU will let them wear their Preemie Tees now they are off their IV's!

gramma debbie said...

I love looking at the pitures in this blog page, especially the ones of them together! It is so sweet, brings tears to my eyes! Jill you are such a cute mom!! Love, Me

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! They are so sweet!! I wish so bad that I could have came to see them. We found out Drew might have strep, if not that, then it is a virus that is contagious! It's a bummer cause I really wanna see them, I will though! Hopefully sooner than later! THey are SOOO stinkin cute and tiny. We are so glad that they are doing so good! They are starting out tough. We miss and love you guys! Hope to see you soon.

Katy said...

They are beautiful, and it's so great they got to be reunited! Hopefully it won't be too long before they can come out of their isolettes and you can hold them whenever you want! Hope everything continues to go well. When you get a chance, give me a call. We have a swing to turn over to you, and we also have massive amounts of formula left that we wondered if you'd like to take!!

kelli said...

They are so cute! Really, they are doing so great! It is AMAZING how well they are doing for 31 weekers. I can't belive how great they are doing! I spoke with Nate yesterday, and I saw you sneak out of church, and I wanted to say hi, just know I am thinking about you and your boys. If you need anything at all, give me a call!