Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Names


Baby formerly known as "A" is now Samuel Gene

Baby formerly known as "B" is now Eli Tait

Sam & Eli are no longer nameless! We spent a long time with our boys today and they are doing well. As you can tell they have a mild case of jaundice--this is the reason for the new sweet pair of shades.
Sam's apnea spells are almost gone and Eli's "breathing on his own" is really improving. We heard Eli's little voice as he cried a little while we were there. Jill put a pacifier in his mouth and calmed him down...then she was over with Sam and he started to cry--so naturally she put a pacifier in his mouth and calmed him down too.
We know that's just a taste--yet--It's still hard to leave these little guys at the hospital, especially for mommy, but we know that they are well taken care of. We love you boys!
Jill holding Sam's hand
Jill holding Eli's Foot

15 comments:

gramma debbie said...

I love those names and I think they are perfect for the boys!! Those pictures are so tender too as you hold their little hands and feet, they bring tears to my eyes!! Congrats again to you both and those (as Nate calls them) STUDLEY grandsons!! Love ya, gramma debbie

erin said...

I love seeing the pictures. It makes me so sad that I am not there. I love the shades, they are so in style =)
Is that a feeding tube in Sam's mouth?
I love the names so cute!
love you

Jill + Nate said...

Hey Erin, wish you were here too! As far as Sam's tube in his mouth...it helps regulate the amount of air in his lungs so that they don't get too much air in there, as it is easy to get too much when they are on oxygen. Its looking like they will start their feed today! Horay!

Brit said...

Yay!! I love seeing the pictures and being able to read that they are doing so well!!

McArthur Family said...

We love the names, your little guys are so dang cute! Way to go Jill and Nate. Hang in there. They will be home keeping you up at night soon enough!

Spencer Hale said...

Sweet! Welcome to parenthood guys. great names as well. Congrats!

angela said...

Have they given you any idea as to when they'll be home? Good picks for names. I can't wait to meet them.

Alana said...

CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting! Let me know if I can do anything to help. They are beautiful!

Shannon said...

I love their names!! They are perfect for them!! I am so glad to see they are doing well!! They look so much better than when we saw them!! Hang in there! We love you guys!!

kelli said...

Jill,
Love the names! They are looking good! Now tell those boys to behave, hurry and get off o2's, and learn to eat so ya can bring them home!! Do you need anything while they are in the hospital? If so let me know. I will call you later this week to see if ya need anything.
Love,
Kelli

Trever and Heather said...

Hooray! All of you are so cute!

The Timothys said...

congrats to you both!!! that is SO exciting that they're finally here! let me know if i can do anything at all! :) /trav and shae

Tauna said...

I can't believe the babies are here! Jill I bet you are feeling sooo much better. You can move once again- yeah!! The boys look so perfect- can you believe they're yours!! I also love the names. I keep looking over at your house for some action- I'm sure when your home your resting- but just let me know if I can help you in any way. We are praying for your little family. We love you!
Tauna

The Neilson Family said...

You guys are such great parents...you can already tell! As for the shades, that brings back so many memories of my little boy and his jaundice! We had to bring a suitcase light thingy home and he slept in it. Neighbors say that from the outside his room glowed blue from the lights. Anyway, they're off to such a great start! They couldn't have asked for better parents.

Denise said...

Adorable names! Any word on when they might be able to go home?