Friday, June 5, 2009

Sweet Eli

My little Eli had quite the day today. He woke up early and Dad decided to take him to work for a couple of hours to give Mom a break. He had a lot of fun, was very sweet and I hear quite the little charmer. Dad was proud to show him off. Everyone loved him!

Sadly this afternoon he broke his leg. Poor little guy. Short version - He was falling and Nate grabbed his leg to catch him. It was just a weird fall, catch and twist. Dad felt sooo bad. He was pretty content and happy as long as I was holding him and you didn't touch his leg. He was even laughing at the doctor's office. He was however a little grumpy tonight, although he has been that way for awhile with all he has had going on. Teeth, ear infections, up all night coughing, tubes, and now his poor little leg.
They put a splint on in case he has swelling. He will get his cast in a few days.

10 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

So sad! Luckily he won't remember any of it later on.

Melissa said...

Poor Eli!

Shawnalee said...

Oh poor little guy. I bed Nate felt bad, but accidents happen. They should start to get feeling better with the tubes. I love your super cute hair! Sending your family lots of hugs.


Girls night is canceled this week. I have my gallbladder out on Monday/ Crazy. Although I will be home all week, and bored. YOu can call me :) This weekend has gone by sooo slow! Its only been two days. I am not in much pain right now, just my belly is swollen and I look like I am 6 months pregnant.

Love Family said...

that is so sad! I hope he is doing better and that he heals quick!!! cute pics of their haircuts too! love it! ps..how did you get pics side by side anyway?

kelli said...

thank goodness for tubes. They were tbe best thing that ever happened to my Ethan!

kelli said...

Sorry to hear about Eli's Leg. Poor little dude.

Bree said...

How sad for little Eli! I remember when Mckay broke his leg. He was about that age. That is crappy. I hope he feels better.

Brit said...

Poor little guy... :(

I'm so sorry about his little accident,we hope he feels better soon!

Love you, all!!

KT said...

My older brother broke my leg when I was 9mo's old.
I remember my mom wouldn't let me put a pic of me as a baby w/my cast in my wedding video b/c it made her too sad. lol

Brooke and BJ said...

Poor little Eli! Wow, I haven't checked blogs in forever and so much has happened...I guess I need to be better about that. We miss you guys!