So when it rains it pours at the Pickett house and it has been raining for a long time. Not that I am complaining in this post. So, speaking of rain at our house, there is literally moisture coming from the ceiling into our down stairs bathroom and garage. Yikes! The signs have been there for almost a couple of weeks now and me being the crazy nut I am, just put 2 & 2 together last night. Plumbers came today and found the problem in our shower upstairs. Apparently it was a part that was guaranteed not to leak for life. Ha. At least the part was free.
So back to my point of posting. When one of the plumbers notices I have twins he says. "Twins huh? How did you get so lucky to have twins?"(It turned out he and his wife had twin boys first too.) In that moment something hit me, that for some reason through all my thankfulness, I still had not fully realized. How did I get so lucky? The words just seemed so powerful and it struck me that my Heavenly Father really loves me, is mindful of me, and gave me these two little boys not only as a trial of my faith and maybe to test my patience, but to bring me joy. And they have brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined. Heartache too, but we won't ruin the moment.
Jill
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a sweet (& profound) post! Sometimes we forget the blessings we really have. I know I have to remind myself to look at the big picture - not just the right now. :D You are a fabulous Mama (& wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister)! I am so impressed with you and your outlook!! :D
Isn't it funny how sometimes it takes a total stranger's outside perpective to make us realize things! Jill you are awesome and I truly admire what you do day in and day out.
Man you guys have the MOST adorable family! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family picture! The boys look so handsome and your family just well... fits together so nicely! You truly do have your work cut out for you and I can only imagine how hard it must be, but I can also only imagine how rewarding at the same time! Keep up the good work!
You are definitely one lucky lady to have those handsome little guys as your very own and on the flip side they are very lucky to have you as their mama! Keep up the good work lady!
You are an awesome momma! I love to watch you interact with those little boys, they were sent to the RIGHT home at the RIGHT time! Hard as it seems, they bring such a light to your face(and not just in the middle of the night)! The boys are LUCKY to have you as their MoMmY, they are so darling! I am lucky too! :)
Isn't it funny how we can take something so special for granted...well not funny but you know what I mean. It is always nice to get those reminders of what is important. You are the cutest mom ever and I really admire your patience for your sweet little boys. By the way DARLING family photo!! Thanks for the sweet reminder of how blessed we are to be mothers...
Amen sister...you said it just right. We are lucky aren't we?
PS
I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE your family picture on the top! Those twinners have so much personality in their expressions! I hope I get to see them this weekend.
Post a Comment