We spent three days in Manti during the Thanksgiving Holiday. I would personally rank it in the top 3 thanksgivings in my life. Food was excellent..really good sweet potatoes--my favorite, lots of cool stuff to do, and BYU beat the Utes. What more could one ask for?
The kids competed in one legged races and other things for prizes...see the picture of Isaac with the bow and arrow. Later the little kids made sugar cookies. They could make two each. One to eat for themselves and another to give away. Corbin had made one for him and one for his mom. After giving the cookie to his mom he asked his uncle Brian if he had gotten a cookie. Uncle Brian told him that he didn't have a cookie yet and said, "why don't you go get me one..." So a few seconds later Corby brought his uncle his own half eaten cookie to enjoy. What a good kid...hard to imagine that he is Jordan's boy.
Jenny also celebrated her 16th birthday. The aunts all pitched in and got her a nice new outfit for her new adventure in dating. I mostly enjoyed the cake and ice cream.
Jill and I also experienced our very first horse ride together. The tension grew after we mounted the wild beasts, knowing that at any second they could turn on us and buck us off. But, we were safe. The horses at times were deciding where and how fast we were going to go. With Jenny's help we were able to keep them under control, except for the few times Jill couldn't stop her horse from turning around to go home and there was nothing she said she could do about it. So, eventually we all gave in and trotted back to the Cluff's. Crisis averted.
The guys did some sweet clay pigeon shooting and a serious session of Turkey Style football. I'm pretty sure the team I was on won.
The accident of this family get together was yet another 4-Wheelin misadventure. One of the wheels to the four wheeler hit a rut while Kevin was riding and it flipped over. Kevin flew off hitting his face on the handle bars as he went. Something like that anyways the details are a little hazzy at this point... I try and block out anything to do with four wheeling since my own accident.
Well thanks to the Cluff's for letting us all rampage and enjoy Thanksgiving at their home in Manti this year. Also a very special thanks to Angie for making the best sweet potatoes known to man. And thus making it one of the best Thanksgivings to date.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Nate-
You are offically hired to keep an Allphin family journal of all our get-togethers! You are the best! I am anxiously awaiting a Christmas post. It better include a sentence or two about your favorite white chili! :) As for you Jill, you take the best pictures in the world! We love you!
I will never forget theese pictures or the fun times we have together as a family.
Post a Comment