Thursday, August 30, 2007

Allphin Family Reunion



With the passing of the first part of August came the Allphin Family Reunion. This adventure brought with it some very interesting experiences and fun memories that won't soon be forgotten.

We went up to Duck Creek, east of Cedar City for some camping, fishing, and some good ole outdoorsy stuff. As you can tell in the pictures a lot a fun was had by all. We learned more good info about pioneers on family night given by Mike and Jolene. We found love for the taste of camp fire starbursts...a first for Jill and I, when cooked right they taste just like a giant skittle...yummy. Our Jelly bean tasting skills were put to the test with such flavors as cheesecake, popcorn, and vomit. The last flavor is for real I am not making it up. Crazy Kim brought along a couple of boxes of every flavor jelly beans. Vomit was the worst. Overall it was a pretty good game.

Last but not least we learned how to fly off a four wheeler at 40+ miles an hour...this is also true, but only I mastered it. After about an hour riding on the 4 wheelers, Brian and I decided to race back to camp. I had the lead until he cheap shotted me into a ditch which threw my 4 wheeler out of control hurling me into the air, landing on my head, knocking me out, leaving me to lay quietly on the ground. All except the part about Brian cheap shotting me into a ditch is true, I just lost control. When I came too, I was numb all over and thought for a second that I might be paralyzed, as I was not wearing any helmet and could not feel any part of my body. Luckily I started to get the feeling back into my arms, hands, and fingers. I laid in pain for a few moments. Brian had made it all the way back without noticing that I wasn't behind him so I hobbled onto the 4wheeler, rode it back to camp and was nursed back to health by the family. Thanks for everybody's help. I got a concussion, a fractured ankle, and a lesson on why you should wear a helmet when 4wheelin. Oh yeah and the horse shoes was fun too.

Thanks to the Cluffs for planning the Reunion and everybody's good food!.


3 comments:

Jill + Nate said...

Hey, great blog Nate. Looks like the Allphin Family Reunions are pretty fun. Thanks to everyone!

Love, Jill

gramma debbie said...

Sounds like the Allphins have the best family reunions! Maybe we should have them (Nate and Jill) plan one for our family!!! Glad that you are still with us to tell the stories!

Love ya both!
MOM

Stephanie said...

Wow, sounds like a blast. I bet you guys can't wait for us to come visit huh?